I know you don’t like to talk, but you gotta do it for her.
Yadriel & Maria appreciation post ✿◕‿◕✿
HE SAID MORE THAN HE DID ALL SEASON. I THOUGHT HE DIDN’T CARE. I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST BEING NICE AND LETTING HIS BABY MAMA SEE THE BABY THAT HE PROBABLY DIDN’T REALLY WANT AND BARELY LOOKED AFTER BUT I WAS FUCKING WRONG. I WAS WRONG ABOUT HIM. HE’S JUST QUIET. THE DUDE IS STOIC AS FUCK AND HE FUCKING LOVES MARIA AND HE LOVES THAT BABY AND IT’S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THE WAY HE GUSHES AND TALKS TO HER LIKE MARIA ASKED HIM TO DO BECAUSE HE WANTS HER TO GROW UP SMART AND LOVED.
But also look at how cute the baby is dressed in each visit. Who did that? Daddy did. But that’s exactly the kind of visual cue that gets lost when he’s getting judged for his bald head, tattoos and stoic (thuggish?) demeanor.
Yes! I’m not the only one who noticed that.
woody allen, the irredeemable creep whose obvious misogyny was misinterpreted as creative genius by the college-boy mentality.
#gosh i wonder why sylvia plath’s poetry is important to young women when we’re bombarded with so much misogynistic literature written by ~the greats~ of the 20th century #if you want to talk about highly romanticized and overrated writers we can talk about bukowski hemingway kerouac ginsberg and so on #who were not only basic writers but were also vile people irl #i don’t understand how people can idolize pedophiles and wife beaters and then mock people who like plath? ~fionaapples
idk last semester I wrote a conference paper about the ways that women writers were edited posthumously, and came to the conclusion that Hughes and the subsequent editors/critics put an emphasis on Plath’s suicide in order to devalue her work and divert attention away from the true message of her poems in Ariel
Kids Are Given Game Boys, Feel Instant Sadness
Ah, Game Boys. Forget your 3DS and your iPad mini: there was a day when these handheld hunks of 8-bit glory owned the playground. But these kids don’t remember it so watch the full hilarious video of their reactions to the original Game Boy here.
(Source: The Fine Brothers)
At least the last kid gets it but fuck.
I need to lie down now
I officially feel as though I should be donated as a fossil to a museum. My first handheld gaming system was a hand-me-down GB:Colour although I wanted a GB:Advanced at the time.
It doesn’t help when some of the kids I tutor act as if I’m a contemporary of Caroline Herschel when they find out my age even though I’m in my early twenties.
get to know me meme | favourite celebrities: tyler hoechlin
↳ “Thank you guys so much for letting us know how much you enjoy the show. It’s so flattering and so humbling to know that what we do has the kind of impact that you guys tell us that it has and for us it’s like the most rewarding thing. And I hope that you guys realize that all of you have the same capability and ability to have that impact on other people that are around you. So never take that for granted, never forget that.”
Vegans, reblog with your personality type following the Meyers-Briggs…
Please reblog if you are a girl and have ever been made to feel ashamed of one or more of these things (wanting to prove a point to some asshole):
-your clothing choice
-your amount of make up
-not having sex
-having your period
-not appreciating catcalls
reblog again and again
In response to this post about voice mail greetings in other languages, here are some responses:
Polish (from dependsoncontext)
Cześć, dodzwoniłeś się do [name], nie mogę teraz rozmawiać, zadzwoń później lub zostaw wiadomość po sygnale (informal)
Yep, I’ve studied it for about 4 years total. I started in high school, and still study it in college. For maintaining self-study, I can give you a few tips and a few websites:
- nciku - an excellent dictionary with characters, examples, stroke orders, and multiple definitions for each word
- Zhongwen add-on (Chrome) - I just found this add-on when I was in China! Part of the problem with characters is the fact that they’re not phonetic (until you learn enough to take a wild guess) — this add-on will give you pop-up definitions on websites that use characters (and here’s the add-on for Firefox)
- DOWNLOAD PLECO RIGHT NOW (for your smartphone…GET IT and love it)!
- Read the Wikipedia articles on Mandarin syntax and grammar. This helps with generalizations that hold strong for things like Mandarin’s strong preference for Time-Location-Manner word order.
- Along with that, reading about particles wouldn’t hurt either.
- YellowBridge, Chinese-Tools, About.com, Youtube, and iTalki are all potentially helpful resources.
- To practice characters, I found that at first it’s best to rewrite them a bajillion times and memorize them. Right now, after 4 years, I can basically see most new characters and memorize them fairly quickly based on their components. Keep this in mind as you learn! For instance:
豆 (dou4) is in 登 (deng1), which in turn is in 橙 (cheng2)
Chinese characters are legos!
- This book is super fantastic!
- Though Chinese TV Shows are cheesy, you might try to find one or two you can watch. This greatly helps with listening comprehension and with the cultural aspect. If you don’t like them, you can find Mandarin movies, like Hero, The House of Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Curse of the Golden Flower (can you sense a pattern? OTL)
Hope this is helpful! 祝你好运，成功顺利！
the way I see it, “black pride” (or any sort of “minority” pride movement) means “I am proud of who I am DESPITE those who have told me and my people that whiteness is superior” while “white pride” means “I am proud of who I am BECAUSE whiteness is superior” and that’s why it’s ok to say one but not the other